can't access windows server 2003 file server
I havea windows server 2008 computer and a windows server 2003 file server. WhenI access file server from windows server 2008, it gets errors"blue death screen",I guess to be dump memory.Please help me to solve this problem!
March 13th, 2008 5:42am

What's the error message on the BSOD?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 13th, 2008 5:22pm

Hi, Please note the "blue death screen" issue is related to kernel crash. System can be confirmed to generate a crash dump file to record the current system status: Please contact Microsoft CSS. They are the best resource for this issue and analyze the memory dump file to locate the root cause. 314103 Preparation Before You Contact Microsoft After Receiving a STOP Message on a Blue Screen http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314103 129845 Blue Screen Preparation Before Contacting Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;129845 You can also try the following steps to test the result. A. To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS 1. Restart your computer. 2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices. 3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time. B. To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool 1. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error. 2. Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS. 3. Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer. 4. Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed. 5. If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination. 6. For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/slave/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks. Regards, Morgan
March 17th, 2008 1:10pm

I knew the reason why windows server 2008 is dumped. When Windows Server 2008 access a shared folder that has one of these files: dotnetfx3setup.exe,WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Server-ENU.exe,SQLServer2005SP2-KB921896-x86-ENU.exe... Please, help me resovle it! Thanks!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2008 10:16am

1)Upgrade your Ethernet card drivers and check it 2)Please try to change the MTU settings using Dr.tcp utility by default the Ethernet uses 1500 change it to 1492 and check it. Thanks Syed
May 24th, 2008 10:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics