can't access UNC path window 2008 R2
Hi Sam, Check that you haven't disabled NetBIOS in the Server 2008 R2 machine (in the network interace IPv4, WINS properties). As a quick test, does accessing the full DNS path work? For example \\machinea.yourdomain.com\c$ ? Cheers, Lain
March 14th, 2012 9:41am

Do you logged in with usernames with passwords? Make sure no blank passwordsThank you, Shani
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 14th, 2012 1:22pm

Just install and join window 2008 r2 server into window 2003 native domain. I can't access UNC path (\\machina\c$) shared in window XP. I confirm both machine without turn on firewall and also if using window XP to access same UNC path shared folder, it is work. In window 2008 r2 server, i can ping the host name "machina" but can't net use to map this share folder. Pls advice. THx !!
March 22nd, 2012 12:52pm

The "Network discover" is activated?
March 22nd, 2012 1:19pm

activated !!
March 22nd, 2012 1:53pm

check the ntlm authentication options on both machines. Review this security setting "Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level"
March 22nd, 2012 2:00pm

Check the firewall settings, are you able to pull up the UNC path to that machine from a different machine that isn't the 2008 server?MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP CompTIA A+ CompTIA Net+ CompTIA Sec+
March 22nd, 2012 2:29pm

Already turn off firewall setting. Yes, i can pull up the UNC path to that machine from different machine (is not 2008 R2) And also the setting ""Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level" is not define !!
March 23rd, 2012 1:39am

Hi Sam, Check that you haven't disabled NetBIOS in the Server 2008 R2 machine (in the network interace IPv4, WINS properties). As a quick test, does accessing the full DNS path work? For example \\machinea.yourdomain.com\c$ ? Cheers, Lain
March 23rd, 2012 2:43am

Do you logged in with usernames with passwords? Make sure no blank passwordsThank you, Shani
March 23rd, 2012 6:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics