black screen with blinking cursor
When we restart our Proliant Dl360 G4 server with Server 2008 installed it hangs on a black screen with a blinking cursor. THis is easily worked around because if we push the power button to turn it off, and turn it back on, the server boots fine.The only time we hae problems is when we do a restart.Anyone know why this would happen?i'm seeing alot of problems on forums about black screens but they seem to be preventing the server from booting at all. This doesn't seem to be my issue as I can work around this screen.
November 20th, 2009 10:21pm

HiPlease review this Articlehttp://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1258783349088+28353475&threadId=288569Thanks..Deva --Self-trust is the first secret of success.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 21st, 2009 9:02am

Hi JonQueue,You are correct, the same version of hardware , the similar kind of behavior is seen on HP DL series and i have raised it with msconnect , so the case is under triage as the issue cannot be reproduced very easily . I guess this issue doesnt occur if the OS is installed on different platform ?also how easily, can you reproduce the issue ?
November 21st, 2009 1:56pm

I can reproduce this every time i restart that server.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 5th, 2010 4:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics