base class and health rollup challenges

Hi Experts,

I am facing trouble in selecting base classes, creating rollups and relationships.

The problem statement is: We have X number of instances of 2 classes and have to group them based on some criteria , ex: class instance which starts with A-E goes in group1, from E-Q goes in group 2, and Q-Z in group 3. It should also have health rollup defined in same fashion so if any thing from A_E is red, group1 should show red status.

Each of group1, group2, group3 has comp1, comp2,comp3 associated to it. and it should have some rollup and relationship to computer object such that if group2 is RED, comp2 should show that red in health explorer.

Also if I put comp2 in maintenance mode, then group2 and its instances that is E-Q should also go in maintenance mode.

Could you please help.

July 3rd, 2013 10:01am

Hi

you need to configure dependency rollup monitoring for each group with worst state, so that if any of the server go to red the group health turn to red.

for second to turn all computer in to red if any of the server is red (i.e. group is red) need to go out of box solution. create an event id reset monitoring targeting each computer in the group( note : create monitor in disable mode targeting to " windows computer" and create an override to enable for respective specific group). now if any of the server in the group turn red configure notification to log monitor event to log on each server of the group.

for third : use below script to keep any of the computer group in MM 

refer below link

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/opsmgr-2012-group-maintenance-mode-via-powershell-the-way-it-should-be/

Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 15th, 2013 8:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics