backup exec with windows 2008 server std
I have a new clean Windows server 2008 standard edition install on an Active directory network and I use Symantec backup exec v12 from another 2003 server to backup all my windows server 2003 servers successfully. As I setup the Windows server 2008 system with a basic install for file sharing, I also install the Backup exec v12 remote agent to backup the files on it. Unfortunately when I try to browse the server from my Backup Exec v12 server i constantly get Access is denied. I am attempting to connect using the domain administrator account, a backup account with administrator privileges, and my personal account which has administrator privileges. All of which can fullybrowse any other windows server 2003 system successfully. I shut the firewall completely down and I am still unable to access the server. I can browse the server successfully from the network using the ip address or server name, I just cannot browse through backup exec. Is there any more security rights I should be looking at to allow this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Rob
May 8th, 2008 7:08pm

Hello, This sounds like a known issue listed in Veritas web site. Please take a look at the following article to see if it can help: A backup job may report Access Denied to Remote Agent on a server and no data is backed up. http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277422.htm Here is another thread searched through the Internet just for your reference: https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=be12_core&thread.id=25 Besides, as this relates to Backup Exec utility, I would like to suggest that you contact Veritas to see if they have any information on this, since we have very little knowledge on some third-party applications. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Best regards, Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 9th, 2008 2:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics