attached a windows server 2102 r2 stabdard RDS to a windows server 2012 r2 essentails domain

Hi,

I want to know the steps for joining a WS 2012 r2 standard RDS to a WS 2012 r2 essentials domain. I got 5 users who need to do remote desktop session only for an application. I will appreciate if somebody can give me a response as soon as possible.

Thanks very much.

April 20th, 2015 3:38pm

Hi

Yu could install Server 2012 Standard and install the RD session Host and RD licensing Role Services without joining it to the domain.but you will not be able to use the server manager RDS gui to manage it,or publish remoteApss,or have collections,as well as some other features will not work.Ypu will need to use a combination of local group policy,wmi,registry edits.etc.

Or install server 2012 r2 standard and join it to the domain,thn install RD session Host and RD licensing Role Services.

step by step guide;

http://thewolfblog.com/2014/02/08/deploying-a-2012-2012r2-remote-desktop-services-farm/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 20th, 2015 3:55pm

Hi,

I don't want to deployed a farm, I just want to know how to joing a WS 2012 r2 Std to a WS 2102 r2 essentials domain.

Thanks.

April 20th, 2015 5:04pm

Hi

server 2012 r2 join domain;

- Right click on "This pc" select "Properties"

- On screen men select "change settings"

- on system propertise men click "change"

- computer/domain changes men select member of "domain" enter the necessary cridentals,

After join to need to be an ADC follow these steps

Server 2012 r2 add Adittional Domain COntroller

- Server Manager->Add roles and features install "Active Directory Domain Services" when instalation done,reboot server

- server manager->"Promote this server to a domain controller"

- "Add a domain contoller to an existing domain"

- set the DNS and GC configuration and follow the steps

also you can check this step by step article;

http://kpytko.pl/active-directory-domain-services/adding-additional-domain-controller-windows-server-2012/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2015 3:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics