asp unable to read excel files in window server 2003
Dear all member, i already find this solution for 5 days, but i still unabled to solve. i am using window server 2003 r2 standard edition. my new project is to upload the excel to server from client pc and read the excel before insert into sql server database.i have successful upload excel file into server but i cant read. it show me Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' Unspecified error i try to find it in google but many of them also unable to solve it, some body said it is permission problem, but i already set the full permission to the internet user account but still give me the same error. solution have been try: 1) download the coding from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278973 , it show the same error. 2) set IUSR to full permission to the related folder and also for the temp file. it also show me the same error. 3) update mdac and jet driver and restart server. can anyone please help me. please
May 24th, 2010 6:16am

Another option is to use SSIS http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/datacenter/?p=205 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2010 7:08am

Hi, Thanks for your reply. i have read your suggestion, it is a good tool. the thing is when the users upload the excel file to the server with specify destination and file name, the dts need to transform the data from excel to sql server once it detect the excel file have been change. i checked the job schedule, do not have this function. please advise. thanks in advance.
May 24th, 2010 8:31am

Believe me it can be done. Ask one of your SQL server DBAs. You can cofigure your import task inside of a For Each loop using the filename as variable. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2010 3:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics