ask this here again....server problem
Dear all, I have a problem. when user login from Client PC, the DC server will automatically create a profile folder under "document and setting". under the profile folder,is a folder named application data,,,but no data in this folder. the problem is when this happened, user can not access the server. restart solve this problem,but several hours later, it will happen again.... also, if no network mapping in user's login scripts(such as net use......), it has not this problem. I can not find what's the problem, any help would be appreciatd... Thanks in advance.. Ant
October 31st, 2009 6:22am

a) uninstall any antivirus from the client machineb) delete the affected user's profile by using the System Properties control panel (Advanced tab)c) do you have any valid working user profile on the station? then again by using the same profile editor, copy the working user's profile into Default User profile directory. Don'tforget to specify Everyone as the target user for the copy process!!ondrej.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 31st, 2009 5:11pm

Hi, Do Ondrejs suggestions help? If the issue continues, please confirm: 1. Is there any encrypted file in the mapped network drive? 2. What error do you encounter when you try to access the server?This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 4th, 2009 9:37am

Thanks all for your reply.still not fixed.if i login into the Domain without the Logon Script and try to access the Share \\Server\Share (or map a Drive manually with this name), a Profile with my Name having Empty 'Application Data' inthe serverwould be created under Documents and Settings ??
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 4th, 2009 11:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics