apache A2T and windows server 2008?
can someone tell me how to make apache A2T work with server 2008?my pc is set as a nameserver i have IIS running fine but it doesn't support php so apache is the key. i have installed php 5.2.5 but still i need apache to run this website. apache 2.2 ran but stopped. only problem with apache 2.2 is it needs SQL and no matter what version of sql i download i cant access it to enter a db and link it to apache. this is why i opt for A2T that has everything installed ready but it wont run. i dissabled DEP and still no joy.... any help would be greatly recieved.oh theres no point me asking on the apache forums they probably never used it on 2008
December 1st, 2007 11:40pm

Sorry to see you look into Apache Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 within Windows Server 2008 is perfectly capable of running PHP in combination with MySQL and even Wordpress, as Dennis Chung perfectly demonstrates on a Server Core installation of Windows Server 2008 Release Candidate 0. (You can run the commands Dennis uses onyour Full Installation as well.) Good luck!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2007 3:54pm

that didnt work i followed it to the word except my sql password and got a world of errors rather than a setup page. any ideas?i tried it again by uninstallin everythin cleaning the file cache and reinstalling and had same problem its when i add this to cmd set config "Default web site" /sectionefaultDocument /enabled:true i get this back...Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Users\Administrator>set config "Default web site" /sectionefaultDocument /enabled:trueEnvironment variable config "Default web site" /sectionefaultDocument /enabled:true not definedC:\Users\Administrator>so i dunno whats goin on...... like i said if i could run apache it would be a whole lot easierMS can stick this O/S its next to useless , i'm switchin back to xp pro
December 3rd, 2007 1:29am

colt45gto wrote: Code BlockMicrosoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Users\Administrator>set config "Default web site" /section "DefaultDocument /enabled:trueEnvironment variable config "Default web site" /section "DefaultDocument /enabled:true not definedC:\Users\Administrator> Please use the correct commands: Code Blockappcmd set config "Default web site" /section:defaultDocument /enabled:true appcmd set config "Default Web Site" /section:defaultDocument /+files.[value='index.php'] (You missed the appcmd bit)
December 3rd, 2007 2:01pm

if i put the whole thing in its not a reconised windows command beleieve me i tried thatMicrosoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Users\Administrator>appcmd set config "Default web site" /sectionefaultDocument /enabled:true'appcmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.C:\Users\Administrator>
December 3rd, 2007 7:24pm

After carefully reproducing the steps Dennis Chung pointed out I came to the conclusion that appcmd is located in C:\Windows\System32\Inetsrv. When you run the four commands like shown below you should be fine: Working appcmd commands C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:system.webServer/fastCGI /+[fullPath='c:\php\php-cgi.exe'] C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:system.webServer/handlers /+[name='PHP-FastCGI',path='*.php',verb='*',modules='FastCgiModule', scriptProcessor='c:\php\php-cgi.exe',resourceType='Either'] C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config "Default web site" /section:defaultDocument /enabled:true C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config "Default Web Site" /section:defaultDocument /+files.[value='index.php'] Other useful bits: oclist is not available in Full Installations of Windows Server.(only in Server Core installations) pkgmgr is very CaSe SeNsItIvE.(not typing roles with correct capitals will not install them) Thanx David. Now I'm stuck with a Wordpress site I'm not going to use
December 3rd, 2007 9:34pm

i cant get appcmd to run or stay up when i try to drag it into a cmdprmt window it wont work. all appcmd does is flash up and thats that..... goto be mean quick to type anythin in there lol
December 4th, 2007 1:53pm

i give up. bought a fresh pc to run apache off. but got a new headache to boot!
December 5th, 2007 4:52am

The appcmd is not supposed to be dragged into the cmd-window. You're supposed to use the appcmd by typing the command in the command-prompt. You could always try the XAMPP, a pre-configured apache,mysql and PHP combination which requires almost no configuration.
December 5th, 2007 11:49am

I just tried XAMPP 1.6.6 and I get the same thing. Apache says it started on port 80 but shuts off right away. The Apache service named reported the following error:>>> Unable to open logs. Don't know what is going on with the logs...can't open? That doesn't sound like a typical XAMPP installation issue...help? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Apache ServiceDate: 6/13/2008 1:13:47 AMEvent ID: 3299Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/ADescription: The Apache service named reported the following error:>>> (OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80. netstat doesn't show anything else using port 80 even though I think fileshare is supposed to. Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Apache Service" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">3299</EventID>I am running Vista Ultimate on a dual cpu hp workstation. I loaded everything on D: to avoid the permission problems and Added Apache port 80 to the firewall setup. Not sure where to go from here. Any help?
June 13th, 2008 11:45am

The problem above is a port conflict with Skype...next! Thanks for playing.
June 14th, 2008 3:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics