any help with the tables?
hello,I have created some overview tables to publish on my website. Would somebody give it a look and may be correct any mistake or add anything else? I will give credit in that article (any form you ask) even just for confirmation.application and OS support for wildcard and SAN certificates: Application Supporting * Supporting SAN Internet Explorer 4.0 and older no no Internet Explorer 5.0 and newer yes yes Internet Explorer 7.0 yes yes, if SAN present, Subject is ignored Windows Pocket PC 3.0 a 4.0 no no Windows Mobile 5.0 no yes Windows Mobile 6.0 and newer yes yes Outlook 2003 and newer yes yes RDP/TS proxy yes yes, if SAN present, Subject is ignored ISA Server firewall certificate yes yes ISA Server 2000 a 2004 published server certificate no no ISA Server 2006 yes yes, uses only the first name in SAN OCSP and delta CRL checking: System Checking OCSP Delta CRL Windows 2000 and older no ne Windows XP no yes Windows Vista and newer yes, preffered yes Windows Pocket PC 4.0 and older no no Windows Mobile 5.0 no yes Windows Mobile 6.0 no yes Windows Mobile 6.1 and newer yes, preffered yes ISA Server 2006 and older no yes TMG 2010 and newer yes, preffered yes thank you.ondrej.
September 10th, 2009 10:37pm

Hi, Although I know you meant native OCSP support, but I would mention other options how to achieve OCSP support in older OSes. There exists open source project http://pkif.sourceforge.net/pkifocsp.html sponsored by US Marines Corps Systems Command that brings OCSP support to XP/2003 systems and it's working fine for me:). I would add also the application behaviour when the CDP is unreachable and I would split the tables, separate tables for OSes and separate tables for applications (ISA, TMG). Also I'm not sure if the OCSP support in ISA / TMG is not determined by underlying OS (e.g. ISA - 2003, TMG - 2008). Finally I would add server OSes (when you mention server apps). Also you might be interested in this web sites http://www.digicert.com/subject-alternative-name-compatibility.htm that describes roughly SAN compatibility as well as compatibility for wildcard certificates. Looking forward for the tables :). Best regards Martin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2009 10:37am

cool. thanks. I am going to process the things.what concerns the ISA/TMG, it has its own processing for these, as of my knowledge.ondrej.
September 11th, 2009 11:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics