an error has occurred during report parameters

I have created one report from list which is working well in my pc when I am accessing it.

But when other user try to access the report with the same permission like me.

he is facing the below issue.

August 30th, 2015 3:49am

Hi John.Eddie,

In Reporting Services, when using SharePoint list as data source, the supported credential types of this data extension are depend on the SharePoint technology configuration for the SharePoint list that you are using as a data source. For more information, please refer to this article: SharePoint List Connection Type (SSRS).

In your scenario, the issue can be caused by that the credential specified in data source is not able to access SharePoint list. Please navigate to the report in report manger, then select Credentials stored securely in the report server, type the user account and password which is able to access the SharePoint list. Then select Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source. For more information, please refer to this similar thread: Error While Passing Credentials from SSRS to SharePoint Data Source.

If issue persists, please go to the computer which host the report server, check the Reporting Services error log (default location: %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\<SQL Server Instance>\Reporting Services\LogFiles) around the time that the error message thrown out. Please post the detail error log for our analysis if possible.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2015 11:13pm

Hi John,

In case if you have any dataset linked to the parameter for populating its value, please check if the correct fields are mapped for 'value'

Like the main report query may expect the parameter passed to be of code value where as in the report parameter properties the desc value is mapped to value field.

August 31st, 2015 12:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics