adprep.exe on disk of windows2008 r2 is not responding when I try to run it,I can´t find either a site to download adprep.exe 64 bit tool
Hello Johan, see the step by step to run ADPREP on Windows Server 2008 R2 from Petri. Greetings Nino
March 12th, 2012 12:10am

thanks very much with your advise I solved the problem. my last question is if you like to answer how I can be sure or where I can check that I promoted second server as domain controller.I mean how I can be sure that second server is also a domain controller is! thanks again johanh.david
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 8th, 2012 8:19am

Active Directory Users and Computers > Domain Controllers, the new domain controller must be present in the folder. Greetings Nino
April 8th, 2012 8:49am

hello, I ask again, I joined windows 2008r2 64 bit to sbs 2008 as member server,now I want to prmote him as domain controller, I run DCPROMO he tells me to run adprep /forestprep. I see adprep tool 64 bit on the disk of windows 2008r2. I try to run it on sbs 2008 it is not responding at all . I copy the adprep.exe to a path in sbs server C:\windows\system and then I tried to run from command prompt its not responding too. I searched in the google adprep.exe 64 bit tool to download. I don't find any site to download it. its unblievable. I see only documentation about windows server adprep failure,adding 2003 r2 X 64 server to 2000 domain with KB919151 more I can't find any other documentation about adprep.exe 64 bit tool,neither to download it. I asked a question in forums on windows server category they telling me I have to ask this question to sbs category,because I want to join server2008r2 to sbs server2008. and when I ask this question on sbs server category no one giving me any answer.so I dont no anymore where to ask this question. has somebody some idea how I can solve this problem or where I can download adprep.exe 64 bit tool. or maybe I have to update my sbs 2008 with some rollup to let function adprep.exe tool. but I think this a windows 2008r2 issue is. because adprep.exe tool 64 bit and 32 bit is in support map of 2008r2 disk. but when I run it its not responding at all only command promp window opening and closing.I am getting crazy because I cant find any site to download this tool or any KB documentation about windiws 2008 r2 adprep.exe tool. thanks johanh.david
April 8th, 2012 3:37pm

"but when I run it its not responding at all only command promp window opening and closing." -Be sure to open a CMD prompt using administrative credentials. Then navigate using the cmd prompt to the Win 2008 r2 DVD inside the SBS server. Or you could simply open the cmd prompt as previously mentioned and type "drive:\sources\adprep\adprep.exe /forestprep". Make sure the account you are using to run adprep is a member of Enterprise admins, Domain Admins and Schema admins. At the end of this link (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd464018(v=ws.10).aspx) there is a part about Troubleshooting issues with adprep.exe, be sure you have a look. MCTS - Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. http://mariusene.wordpress.com/
April 8th, 2012 4:21pm

Hello Johan, see the step by step to run ADPREP on Windows Server 2008 R2 from Petri. Greetings Nino
April 8th, 2012 5:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics