adobe creative suite
Does anyone know how to install Adobe Creative Suite on Windows Server 2008?It alwaysgets to Version Cue fine, then the installer just stops and says the main programs can't be installed. I've tried all of Adobe's tips for Windows Vista, and I've tried it in safe mode, using Run As Administrator, and in XP SP2 compatibility mode. If anyone has had success with Adobe CS, please post!
July 12th, 2007 9:51pm

Updating, I've narrowed it down to Apple's Bonjour service (figures), which is installed by Version Cue CS3. The computer can't start the Bonjour service, and that causesthe installation error. I don't know how to get the service started. I've tried disabling Windows Firewall and port forwarding through the router (Bonjour uses a speciic port to connect), and I've tried givng the service Administrator contol. Nothing seems to work, and when it fails the entire installation stops. If anyone knows what is causing Bonjour to stop, please help!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 13th, 2007 11:56pm

Your best bet would probably be to ask Adobe, but I doubt that they'll give support on beta OS:es.
July 16th, 2007 11:23am

Was there ever any resolution on this? I am attempting to install Adobe Creative Suite 3 (CS3) on a Vista 64 bit system - running in to the exact same issue. I've attempted all the suggestions on the Adobe web site for installing on Vista. I can see exactly why Professional Photographers want to stick with Macs.....what a nightmare trying to install this on Vista/64 bit. Any tips appreciated. Thanks Tahir
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 26th, 2008 12:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics