administrator password does not work for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2012 R2 Eval VHD cannot access Windows Server 2012 R2 to use Service Manager

Hello,

I am trying to install the Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2012 R2 Eval VHD.

I have downloaded it and started it in Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2.

So I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 with hyper-v, in hyper v I am running what is a VHD eval of another Windows Server 2012 R2 with System Center Service Manager setup

When the VHD starts it shows the Service Manager screen to specify:

computer name: I type any name here

domain name: i type the name of my windows server 2012 R2 domain that is running hyper-v (so this windows server is the host) so it's mylaptop.com

user name: here I put the same user name that I am logged in as on the windows server 2012 R2 host that is running the VHD in hyper-v which is Administrator

password: I enter same password that I had given to this Administrator user

for Action Account I check use domain redentials to use the same user and password

this Administrator user is the same user that installed Active Directory promoted the windows server to a domain controler and installed the hyper v role

so then I click ok and the VHD starts preparing somethings (i think at this point the vhd is setting up the Service Manager and SQL Server)

so this VHD is also an Eval of Windows Server 2012 R2

so I am running Windows Server 2012 with hyper-v

, in hyper v I am running what is a VHD eval of another Windows Server 2012 R2 with System Center Service Manager

so this vhd restarts and presents me to log on as "Administrator", the same user I chose in the Service Manager setup screen, and so I use the password I gave (which is the same password as my host Administrator)

it does not accept this says user/password are incorrect

in the help doc that comes with the VHD download it only states:

"Also under Domain Information, specify the user name and password of an account that has permissions to join the virtual machine to the specified domain."

so I assume that my Administrator user would have these permissions

December 31st, 2013 5:27pm

I was using this today.  If anyone else has issues the password is R2Preview!  

http://www.aidanfinn.com/?p=15058

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 9th, 2014 10:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics