add-ons
When I open internet explorer, it is telling me that the add-ons are disabled. However, when I go to manage the add-ons, it shows that all the add-ons are enabled. Also, I noticed adobe flash player isn't working and when I am unable to redownload. How can I fix this problem?
September 4th, 2008 11:36pm

Hi, I suggest trying the following steps to troubleshoot the issue: Step 1: Download Adobe Flash Player uninstaller ========================== Please go to the following website to download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller. Please choose uninstall_flash_player.exe for Windows. http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157 Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability. After downloading the uninstaller, lets run it according to the instruction on the website. Step 2: Download and install Adobe Flash Player 9,0,47,0 =================================== Please download Adobe Flash Player from the following link: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability. Step 3: Check the flash ActiveX ================ 1. Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window. 2. Switch to the Programs tab. 3. Click "Manage add-ons" 4. Check if Shockwave Flash Object is enabled. If it is disable, please enable it. Now, please access a website running Flash to check the result. If the issue persists, please let me know the exact wording of the error message when opening Internet Explorer. In addition, I would like to confirm if what operating system you are running. I look forward to hearing from you. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 5th, 2008 10:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics