account added to domain admins no access to profiles

I have added an account to the domain admin group within a group policy for local machines. The domain admin group is in the built in administrator group on the desktop machines.

When i login on a client with the original administrator account i can access all user profiles whith no problem at all. When i log in as the domain user which is added as a domain admin in the local administrators, cannot access the profiles from the user at the client, however a message appears you don't have access to this folder but i can continue....and then the profile is displayed.

How can i get rid of the message when accessing the profiles of the users or better how can i make sure the members of the domain admin group which is a member of the local administrators have the same rights as the administrator local or domain without a message?

UAC is turned off or is set to the lowest level because when i turn it completely off we have other problems.

Local policy settings which concerns this: local policy - user account control admin approval mode for the built in administrator account is enabled

user account control: behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in admin approval mode is set to enabled.

November 8th, 2013 5:34pm

Hi Freddie,

Before going further, I want to confirm with you how we utilized group policy to assign the domain admin membership to the user.

Besides, to check out, we can temporarily disable the two UAC settings. If this doesnt help, we may check the security permissions of user profiles.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 11th, 2013 7:44am

Hi Freddie,

Before going further, I want to confirm with you how we utilized group policy to assign the domain admin membership to the user.

What do you mean by this?

Besides, to check out, we can temporarily disable the two UAC settings. If this doesnt help, we may check the security permissions of user profiles.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

November 12th, 2013 4:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics