a User loses Privilage
In my domain controller I have a user that is a member of administrators group , I surprised when I see that this user is losing some of his privilages , he can't access some folders which are suppoed to be a public folders for everyone , he can't logon using RDP although all member in the Administrators group can do that , there is no policy applied to him , sometimes when he was able to login using RDP he saw unreal free disk space ( 20MB although the real free space is 30GB) .Can anybody tell me what is happening !!MohamedM.ElBlasy
September 9th, 2008 6:07am

Hi!I would suggest that you use Auditing for this purpose.Control panel -> administrative tools -> Local Security Policy.At Local Security Policy choose "Local Policies" and below that Audit policy. By there you can enable auditing on Account logon events, policy changes and much more. When you have enabled different auditing objects, wait until the user next time reports that problems have been. Then just look at the event viewer what has happened. If there is somekind of misunderstanding with user accounts, or something have been changed by someone, there should be a mark of that. Henry Eklf :: Just one random IT-guy more.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2008 8:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics