You cannot contact the VMM management server. The credentials provided have insufficient privileges on <username>

I'm currently doing a Hyper-V POC for my employer, and I'm getting this error when I try to log in to SCVMM 2012 R2.

This was previously working just fine, but I have not logged in for a while as I had to look at other projects.

The title is not a typo. The actual error says I don't have privileges on my own username rather than telling me I don't have privs on the server itself.

Anyone got any idea? There is nothing in the windows event logs when I get this message.

Edit: Debug trace shows this:

Microsoft.VirtualManager.DB.DBCorruptionException: Unable to connect to the VMM database because the database is in an inconsistent state. Contact an experienced SQL administrator whenever this error occurs. In some cases, it may be necessary to restore the VMM database."

I have contacted our DBA's about it and will wait and see what they find. Interested to know how this has happened if indeed this is actually the issue.

• Edited by hybiepoo 1 hour 52 minutes ago
September 1st, 2015 11:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics