XML validator seems to be stripping XML declaration and adding BOM character

Hi Guys,

For a BizTalk 2010 application, I have recently created a custom send pipeline, where I have an XML validator in the Encode stage, so we can have a final validation performed on the outgoing message before sending.

But when this component is there, a BOM character is added to the outgoing document and the XML declaration from the top of the message have also been removed (e.g. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>)

I have made sure that XML Assembler component in the Assemble stage have BOM turned off and also include XML declaration.

Removing the XML validator from the pipeline will fix the issue, but I'd like to keep the validator there if possible.

Have you come across this kind of issue before?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin

• Edited by gavinwun Friday, May 29, 2015 10:51 PM
May 29th, 2015 10:50pm

Hi Gavin,

Here are some hints to use XML Validator pipeline component:

BizTalk Server provides an XML Validator pipeline component for validating XML (schema) documents. If the inbound or outbound document is not XML, it must be converted to XML prior to validation.
Strict validation of an XML document is achieved with the use of a validation pipeline. The XMLReceive receive pipeline and XMLTransmit send pipeline that come with BizTalk Server will validate only that an XML document is well formed. It will not perform strict validation of the document, including data types and restriction values (length, enumerations, patterns, and so on).

If you provide more trace, we can give precise troubleshooting.

hope it helps.

With regards,

Angie

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 8th, 2015 3:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics