XMLA alter dimension is giving error
Hi,
In my existing devlopment environment SSAS dimension, I added new attributes through BIDS. Later I generated alter dimension XMLA scipt throgh SSMS. The alter dimension XMLA script I tried execute through SSMS on QA environment. I am getting below error.
Executing the query ...
Errors in the metadata manager. The cube with the ID of 'Employee_Cube_2', Name of 'Employee_New_Cube' was invalidated by 
operations in the transaction.
Errors in the metadata manager. The measure group with the ID of 'Employee_001', Name of 'Employee_001' was invalidated by 
operations in the transaction.
Errors in the metadata manager. The measure group with the ID of 'Deapartment_001', Name of 'Department_001' was 
invalidated by operations in the transaction.
Errors in the metadata manager. The transaction cannot be committed because one or more objects were invalidated during 
the transaction.
Execution complete
Please help on this.
Thanks and Regards,
Manjunath

October 15th, 2013 4:17pm

Hi Manjunath,

If we add new attributes to a dimension, we should process the dimension and then deploy the SSAS cube to our OLAP Server. Have you perform the action? Please take a look at the following articl about processing option and setting:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174774.aspx

If this issue still persists, please try to delete the cube from SQL Server Management Studio and then redeploy it to our OLAP Server.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 17th, 2013 4:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics