Wsus Migration from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2

Hello Experts,

I have recently migrated WSUS upstrem server from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 & below are the steps I have followed.

• Taken Metata backup using wsusuti.exe
  • Approvals backup using wsusmigrationexport.exe
  • Coppied all downloads on a folder.

After fresh installation of WSUS role on 2012 R2, verifyed all the settins with old server and corrected.

coppied all the Downloads in to D:\WSUS foder which was taken from old servers. (While configuring WSUS role on new server, given D:\WSUS path for downloads)

Restored metada using wsustil.exe command successfully.

But when I tried to restore approvals using wsusmigrationexport.exe, getting error

"WsusMigration failed with the below exception!"

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration, Version=3.0.6000.273, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration, Version=3.0.6000.273, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at Microsoft.WsusMigrationTools.ImportServerStatus.ImportData(XmlTextReader reader)
   at Microsoft.WsusMigrationTools.WsusMigrationTool.Main(String[] args)

I tried to copy administration.dll from C:\program files but it did not help.

Also all the groups are missing from All Computers which and threre is no single old download showing in "Updates"

Please help me to resolve this provlem.

September 3rd, 2015 2:24pm

Hi,

>>But when I tried to restore approvals using wsusmigrationexport.exe, getting error

This tool is not suitable to migrate WSUS to v6.

For the instruction about how to migrate WSUS 3.0 SP2 to WSUS v6, please follow the guide below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh852339.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 1:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics