Wrong titles displayed in Search results for word documents

Hello All,

I am pulling my hair out on this. For the life of me I cannot get search to display the correct title in search results.

I have removed the mapping to  MetaDataExtractorTitle on the title property (also tried moving it down the priority list), and the results for most word documents are pulling from the body of the document (header, footer, etc). I have reset the index, recrawled, restarted search services etc.

Anything else I can try?

June 25th, 2015 10:01am

The display template has a range of options to display there if memory serves. Check that no other irrelevancies are listed and confirm that you're looking at the right property.

Edit: As it happens you might want to just remove the title property from the display template and to use the file name. Otherwise you may have a case where the junk data has made it into other fields as well as just the metadata extraction field, wherever that might be.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 11:11am

Hello thanks.

It is using the default display template.  We do want to use the SharePoint Title, or Document Title. Anything but the result of the metadata extraction.

I don't understand how it is still pulling it from the body.  Beginning to think I may have to call MS as every related webpage says to simple move the metadata extractor down or remove it.

June 25th, 2015 2:44pm

The display template has a range of options to display there if memory serves. Check that no other irrelevancies are listed and confirm that you're looking at the right property.

Edit: As it happens you might want to just remove the title property from the display template and to use the file name. Otherwise you may have a case where the junk data has made it into other fields as well as just the metadata extraction field, wherever that might be.

June 25th, 2015 3:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics