Wrong password on Windows7 login
I recently installed windows 7 onto my HP IQ770a. The password had been set. Subsequently, I updated the drivers using software bought online. Then on restarting, Windows7 will no longer recognize my password! Any ideas?
February 20th, 2010 8:38am

Hi, Please check if the information on this thread could fix the problem: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7security/thread/77c64603-72c1-4667-8856-e93e4c16fe24 If you need further assistance, as the problem happens on Windows 7 and we mainly focus on the questions about Windows Server system, for quick and accurate response to the question, it is recommended you initial a new thread in the Windows 7 forum. The support professional there are more familiar with it and can help you in a more efficient way. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 22nd, 2010 5:21am

Here is a Third Party Tool : There is another solutions also available like Password Changer . There is a support for Windows 2008. Active Password Changer is designed for resetting local administrator and user passwords on Windows XP / VISTA / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 & Windows 7 systems in case an Administrator's password is forgotten or lost. You do not need to re-install and re-configure the operating system. Forgotten password recovery software has a simple user interface, supports multiple hard disk drives, detects several SAM databases (if multiple OS were installed on one volume) and provides the opportunity to pick the right SAM before starting the password recovery process. It displays a list of all local users. The software user simply chooses the local user from the list to reset the password. Other Windows login security restrictions like 'Account is disabled', 'Password never expires', 'Disable Force Smart Card Login', 'Account is locked out', 'User Must Change Password at Next Logon' and 'Logon Hours' can be changed or reset. http://www.password-changer.com/techquest-how-install.htm Chaitanya Varma MCTS
March 19th, 2010 9:54am

The other days ago, i just forgot windows 7 password ,then i found a windows password recovery which can bypass windows password easily,i also burned it into a cd as my reset disk.Get the windows password recovery tool to bypass windows password.
March 26th, 2010 9:48am

I recently installed windows 7 onto my HP IQ770a. The password had been set. Subsequently, I updated the drivers using software bought online. Then on restarting, Windows7 will no longer recognize my password! Any ideas? Emm.. you may remember the wrong password or someone hack your computer and change the password. Whatever it is, you need to get access to you windows 7 now. You can make a Windows password reset disk to reset your password: 1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download windows login recovery and install it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD or a USB flash drive. 2. Get out the newly created CD/USB and insert it to the locked computer. 3. re-booted the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your computer's Setup to make it boot from CD drive or USB drive) and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed. 4. Setting new password. It won't do any harm to your data, only remove windows password . So, is it easy? Luck! Related Tutorial: Cant Remember Windows 7 Password ?
April 30th, 2010 9:48am

Changing your password in Windows 7 is very easy. Follow the easy steps below to change your Windows 7 password: 1.Click on Start and then Control Panel. 2.Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link. Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4. 3.Click on the User Accounts link. 4.In the Make changes to your user account area of the User Accounts window, click the Change your password link. 5.In the first text box, enter your current password. 6.In the next two text boxes, enter the password you would like to start using. Entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your new password correctly. 7.In the final text box, you're asked to Type a password hint. This step is optional but I highly recommend that you use it. If you try logging in to Windows 7 but enter the wrong password, this hint will display, hopefully jogging your memory. 8.Click on the Change password button to confirm your changes. 9.You can now close the User Accounts window. 10.Now that your Windows 7 password has been changed, you must use your new password to log on to Windows 7 from this point forward. 11.Create a Windows 7 password reset disk. While not a required part of changing your password, I highly recommend that you do this. Here to know more: http://www.windows7password-lndsmth04.blogspot.com
March 3rd, 2011 4:15am

HP Password Reset Windows 7 When I met the similar problem with my forgotten HP Win 7 laptop password, I Google searched the words above and finally got out of problem with Windows Password Recovery easily! Forgot Windows Password! How to Recover Lost Windows Password easily?
June 3rd, 2011 2:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics