Working Remotely with Windows server 2008 ??
I have a Windows Server 2008 environment, with my backup softwarerunning in one location and am setting up another office in a seperate remote location. What is the best way to connect into my Windows server 2008 environment?It is running Exchange 2007, so i can use OWA for remote email.I also have another server in the same location running CRM, so i can login via the internet to use that.What is the best way to manage files from the remote location, so they get backup by the windows 2008server ?I havetried Realvnc but it is very slow !As an admin, i can use remote desktop via the server, but dont want users tohave server access!Thanks
February 25th, 2009 10:07pm

Hi, As far as I know, the only way to manage a computer on the remote location is use remote desktop or a third-party tool like realvnc. What did you want to user to do on the server? You can create the users in a special group and then assign the specific permission to this group. Best regards,Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2009 9:40am

If you don't need a GUI to manage and backup your files, you can use WinRM (akin to SSH):http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/How-Windows-Server-2008-WinRM-WinRS.html
February 28th, 2009 5:22pm

VNC will be slow if the screen capture method is set to os hooks on Vista and 2008, especially the 64 bit versions. Selecting "poll screen" for changes makes a big difference.
August 5th, 2009 12:54am

Do you know why VNC will be slow if the screen capture method is set to os hooks on vista and 2008? i want to know the reasson
August 4th, 2010 8:13am

You may want to ask in a forum for the specific version of VNC that you are using, http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=vnc+forum&aq=f&aqi=g1g-ms1g-m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CwmVO4uFZTM-bEIuEhQSl6PCFBgAAAKoEBU_Qw7L4&fp=f9519659d5d079d0 -- Mike Burr
August 5th, 2010 12:56am

I found most of the VNC software drop the hook mode, but i don't known why, i think it is the problem of window server 2008? do you known the reason? thanks and also i found most VNC support window server 2008 implement as system serviceif VNC run as system accountwhat problem will be have ? Is the UIPI will be affect the hook mode of the VNC? thanks
August 13th, 2010 5:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics