Workflow Criteria for external domain

HI 

I would like to route all incidents came from lab.com (external Domain) to particular analyst.

Please let us know workflow criteria.

Thanks

Krish

February 20th, 2015 1:54am

soooo there is a major unstated premise here, that is, how are you receiving messages from this external domain? knowing how these incidents are different will determine how we can tell the difference and how we can route using a Console Workflow and Template.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2015 10:06am

Let's say Lab.com is our Client some of the counterparts will send mail to SCSM mail id.Those Incidents should route to a particular analyst.

Note:The counter parts may chnage that is why we are planing to create a workflow like if incident create by the counterpart from Lab.com should assign to particular analyst.

This is our requirement.

Thanks

Krish

February 22nd, 2015 3:31pm

Are the users of lab.com already exist in the SCSM CMDB (by AD Connector sync or added manually)? Or are the users of Lab.com unknown in SCSM?

If option 1: You can create a workflow based on the users details and apply an incident template.

If option 2: You need to create a more complexe workflow (maybe with PowerShell) to get the information in SCSM sorted  and apply an incident template. 

February 23rd, 2015 3:07am

Lab.com is unknown domain to SCSM.Plese let me know the steps that I need to configure for this scenario.

If I need to use the power shell let me know the power shell code for this.

February 23rd, 2015 4:08am

I can provide some "high-level" steps:

• In the Exchange Connector you have to allow incoming mails from unknown users (uncheck "Only process emails from users in the CMDB" in the Exchange Connector settings).
  • A new user will be created by the Exchange Connector in the CMDB if the sending user is unkown in SCSM CMDB.
  • You can use a SCSM workflow with PowerShell or a Orchestrator runbook to provide additional information to the new cretaed user object, e.g. domain name, company, ...
  • Create a SCSM workflow to apply an Incident template based on the criteria of the affected user, for instance if "Company" of the affected user equals xyz ... or use any other property of the user object you filled by the previous workflow.

Hope this helps. 

February 23rd, 2015 9:43am

Thanks for the reply Could you please provide steps (ether power shell or orchestrator run book)to create workflow for creating additional information to the new created objects .
February 23rd, 2015 11:10am

I haven't a "ready-to-go" example of a PowerShell script or Orchestrator runbook that fits your requirement. Sorry.

February 23rd, 2015 2:38pm

To get started with PowerShell and SMLets maybe these two blog posts are helpful:

Using SMLets Beta 3 Post #1 Using Get-SCSMObject, Get-SCSMClass to Dump Data from SCSM

Using SMLets Beta 3 Post #3Using Set-SCSMObject to Bulk Update Properties on Objects

Both are refering to the Beta 3 of the SMLets but still valid for the current version of SMLets.

To get started with SCSM and Orchestrator this might be helpful: System Center 2012 Self-Study Guide (Part 6 - Orchestrator and Service Manager)

Hope this helps.

February 23rd, 2015 3:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics