WorkFolders Windows 10

Hello,

Im currently testing out WorkFolders for Windows 10(Official release) but Im unable to get this working.
There is no problem with Windows 8.1

Error message: (Sync Stopped. Cant encrypt files) To continue synchronising,close any open Files or application...

Work Folders detected a sync error. Check partnership status, network connectivity, and disk space. EventID 9002

Sync failed. Work Folders path: C:\Users\MYUSER\Work Folders; Error: (0x80c80314) The Work Folders path has to be encrypted. You might have an application holding the Work Folders folder open or the folder might be compressed. Close File Explorer and any open files or apps, and check the folder's Advanced properties to ensure that the folder is not compressed. EventID 2100

Client is running with Windows Defender(SCEP) and I cant see any application that would cause this issue.

How can I pinpoint this problem and is there someone that have had the same issue?

• Edited by KingEzalor 17 hours 26 minutes ago Added EventID
August 25th, 2015 9:30am

Hi,

Above all, as it mentioned that some files may be locked which prevented EFS from encrypting, please try a reboot and disable real-time protection in SCEP. See if issue still exists.

Also I noticed that the following key could also cause this issue:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EFS

There is a value named EFSConfiguration. Please make sure it is set as 0.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 11:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics