Word document not indexed in Sharepoint 2013 Search with a Migrated content database from Sharepoint 2010

Hi

We have a SharePoint 2013 installation with a content database migrated from a SharePoint 2010.

We have configured the Search, and it Works fine for folder, documents (like ppt, pptx)...

But we have the problem that the Word document are not indexed.

I have read some information about and i check:       

- In the document Library we have -> Versioning Settings  -> Any user who can read tems

any ideas?

May 27th, 2015 4:36am

One word file or all word files?

What happens if you upload new files, are they picked up?

What happens if you search with a fully permissioned account, ie. one in the site collection admins group?

Are the files shown up in the search service crawl logs?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2015 5:22am

Hi Alex

Now i have launched an incremental search, while it ends, i can tell you some information:

The Word files are .doc not .docx.

- New files (.doc, .docx). I have added new files, and i will update with the results when the crawler ends.

- The account that i use for the search service and for test the results is a domain account, local administrator of the server, farm administrator and owner of the site collection.

- crawl logs: i think that the crawl logs can be accesed from the SharePoint UI -> Service applications, but the pages of the logs dont work with the error: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Resources.MossChart.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_GlobalResources.3lbcibqb"

I try to apply the solution described here but i dont have the files 'mosschart.resx' and 'mosschart.en-US.resx' in my ..\config\Resources.

The versin of SharePoint is SharePoint Foundation and the language is Spanish.

May 27th, 2015 6:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics