Word, Excel, PDF, DWG, files are not opening from shares path of Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Dear Techies,

Please help me to recover files.  I am unable to open PDF, Word, excel, DWG etc files.

There many folders shared from server but it has affected to my 4 shared folders.

There are some PDF files I can open.  i.e.  out of 20 files 2 to 3 files.

Not able to figure out what exactly causing this issue.

I have done Antivirus scanning, but nothing found.  (From Server as well as from Client --(Mapping share drive)  - )

Please find attached screenshot for more details.

I have gone many of forum, it says ransom virus.  cryptolocker.  Tried with Malware tools and antivirus nothing found and nothing could recover.

Tried recovery softwares also.

There is no option from server to store previous version so tried from client windows 7 machines but there also unable to restore

Copied files to freshly installed machine and with all updated of windows and antivirus tried to recover but not succeeds.

Please help me to diagnose this problem and let me know the solution.

If i check at what time it has affected.  Below is the files screen shot

May 21st, 2015 6:16pm

Hi Raviraj,

From the screenshot, it seems that these files are created with a previous version of Office app, or has specific format inside, which cannot be recognized by your current applications.

If you can find an old version of Office (say Office 2003), test to open these files with it and see the result.

However from the result of using a freshly installed machine, these files may already corrupted and if there is no backup, you may not able to get these files back.

I noticed that you have already posted threads on Office forum already. Please understand that it is an Office related issue so it is still recommended to stay in Office forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2015 2:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics