Wirless Domain Network Problem
hi im experianceing problems i have a domain server running pretty basic its at home and i like to have it running because i like my network to be organized and i also have a couple computers. so here is the prob i have a desktop pc running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 r2 Enterprise and it has a dlink wirless pci card in it ****brand new**** And It Is Connected To A Wireless Router Which A laptop Is Connected To Wirelessly And A Desktop Is Wired To The Problem Is The Desktop Will Connect To The Domain ***same With Laptop Except Its Doing It Wirlessly**** And Say Restart Loads Up TAKES FIVE MINUTES TO LOGON AN ACCOUNT AND NO POLICY SETTINGS APPLY ex: Interactive Logon Message Restricted From Cmd Not Allowed Changeing Backround none of that applys i have done this before except a laptop was the server connected wirlessly to the router and the pc connected to domain but i recently got an extra computer to use as a server now and want to use the laptop and pc as client machines and its not working my school has laptops wirlessly connected to the domain and they work like a charm loging in why isnt mine should i just re vamp the server and start again where im not running that big of a network or is there a simple solution im really good with computers so you dont gotta use baby words pls help id like my server running again :(
April 25th, 2011 6:03am

IVE CHANGED THE TCP/IP SETTINGS AND ALL THAT EVERY WAY POSSIBLE NADA
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2011 9:14pm

If you have a domain, all AD machines should use the local IP of the DC for DNS. No other address anywhere, no even as a secondary. The DNS supplied by your router will not work with AD. You then configure your local DNS to forward to a public DNS service so that your local DNS can resolve public URLs for its clients. If your machines are using DHCP on the router they will get the wrong DNS config. Manually configure the DNS to the IP address of the DC. Bill
April 26th, 2011 9:48am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. So what if perform “gpupdate /force” after logon this Windows server 2008 R2 laptop and connect to your wireless network ? what’s the result ? I suspect that failed wirelessly connect to domain network for applying group policy settings during startup may cause this issue . Have you also tried wirely connect this laptop to you SOHO domain network and reboot? will this issue persist ? As a workaround you can try disabling group policy setting “Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon” for this server: Troubleshooting the intermittent slow logon or slow startup http://blogs.technet.com/b/instan/archive/2008/04/17/troubleshooting-the-intermittent-slow-logon-or-slow-startup.aspx Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 26th, 2011 11:52am

YEAH THATS WHAT I ORIGANNALLY HAD CONFIGURED BEFORE I STARTED PLAYING AROUND WITH THE SETTINGS THAT DID NOT WORK SO THATS WHAT I HAVE NOW THE DESKTOP CONNECTS TO THE DOMAIN FINE BUT THE LAPTOP WILL NOT AND I HAVE IT AUTHENTICATE PRIOR TO WINDOWS DOMAIN LOGON SOMTIMES WORKS SOMTIMES DONT IDK???? ITS WEIRDWWW.VIPERTECHNOLOGIES.TK
May 6th, 2011 2:16am

YES I CONNECTED IT WITH A WIRE I STILL DOES NOT CONNECT ITS WORSE WITH THE CABLE IT WONT LOGIN WITH CABLE IT AT LEAST LOGS IN WIRELESSLYWWW.VIPERTECHNOLOGIES.TK
May 6th, 2011 2:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics