Wireless connectivity
I am unable to connect to the wireless router. I have installed windows longhorn beta 3 as dual boot. I am able to connect through windows XP.
April 27th, 2007 11:12pm

I was having the same problem, but it's a new OS so you have to play with it for a while to see here the new things and new ways of doing the same old tasks. If your hardware is installed and suported, just go the add Features on Server Manager and then add the Wireless Networking, then just go tomanage network connections and you are done.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2007 9:18pm

I tried the following and still i am unsuccessfull. I installed the latest drivers for the interwireless proset. Still I cannot see available wireless network. Any help would be appreciated. Ravi
April 29th, 2007 8:45pm

Maybe your drivers or your device is not on HCL list and don't work with Longhorn...
April 30th, 2007 4:37pm

Go to your WiFi card maker's website and download the latest Vista driver. If that fails, then your card isn't supported at all in Longhorn Server.Kinda reminds me of how my internal PCI wireless card (D-Link DWL G650, IIRC) was recognized in Longhorn, but wouldn't connect to my LAN... until I remembered that I had one of those WiFi gaming adapters that plugs into an Ethernet port =P
May 3rd, 2007 7:42pm

Hi, I am facing the same issue but that is only happening with 64 bit OS. Previously when I installed Vista on same notebook, it picked up the wirless network card and also the networks very easily but in 64 Bit longhorn it is not the case. I don't have drivers from manufacturer for 64 Bit but that was also the same case when I tried it on 32 bit Vista. I hope in next build Microsoft will provide the basic drivers as they did for Vista.
May 5th, 2007 5:24am

I have been facing this issue From the Beta 2 verison also.
May 6th, 2007 3:59am

Do you guys install the feature "wireless networking" ? I think that might help
May 6th, 2007 5:01am

Yeah, I found another post on forum which suggested this same thing. I have already tried this thing and it worked. So you just have add the wireless networking featrure and it will be just simple as in vista to setup the wireless connection. Thanks for the tip darenhuang.
May 6th, 2007 10:46am

AXL_NET, you could not be more correct. I was struggling with the same issue until I saw your post, am able to make a connection to my wireless network now, thanks!
May 24th, 2007 10:02am

by installing "Wireless Networking " feature. my problem is solved. thanks for the support
June 4th, 2007 5:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics