Wireless USB Adapters
Can anyone suggest a popular wireless USB adapter with a driver for Server 2008 - or a list of compatible devices of this type? My D-LINK wireless USB adapter (DWL-G122) works nicely on Vista, but I can't install a driver for it on Server 2008. (This seems to be a general problem with D-LINK drivers currently.)
June 21st, 2007 12:56pm

Don't know if there's an official HCL (hardware compability list) for 2008 yet, haven't found one. MSFT could you give him a link if there is one?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2007 3:07pm

This is likely something that would be published upon RTM.
June 30th, 2007 2:25am

I had installed both Windows Server 2008 Beta 2 32-bits and 64-bits at different times on the same slave drive of my PC in a dual boot config. with Windows Server 2003 x86 STD. I use a Motorola WU830G USB wireless adapter on my PC whichwas working beautifullywith the 32-bit version of Windows 2008, but not with the 64-bits version... On the 64-bits OS, it could detect the USB adapter and is prompting for the installation of driver from Motorola CD, butduring the driver update, itwould error out with an generic error messagewith no error number... I wonder if Ishould buy a newerwireless adapter, or just hold off the purchaseuntil the release of thenext version ofwindows 2008 x64 beta ??? (Can some one fromMicrosoft providea feedback to the x64 driver issue??-----Thanks )
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 13th, 2007 11:29pm

It's not Microsoft that writes the drivers so it's more likely that it's your vendor that needs to address this problem. Ask your vendor if they're planning on releasing drivers for it, otherwise I'd go looking foran adapter that works in x64.
August 15th, 2007 9:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics