Windowsupdate issue
Hi All, Currently have W2K8 servers with Exchange 2K7 installed. All servers are patched with RollUp 9 Windows update on a couple have decided that RollUp 3 should be downloaded and installed. Any idea how I can block this update or somehow sort Windowsupdate, it seems a bit confused wanting me to install and older patch than one that is installed. Cheers, LM
September 25th, 2009 4:20pm

Hello,i suggest to post this here:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesoftwareupdate/threads/Also keep in mind that Exchange 2007 SP2 is released:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4c4bd2a3-5e50-42b0-8bbb-2cc9afe3216a&displaylang=en Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 25th, 2009 4:35pm

Meinolf, :-) They suggested I post here !! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesoftwareupdate/thread/78694756-cb8c-4996-824b-8eda208be01c/ I understand re SP2 but as that requires more schema updates that will have to wait for a while.. Cheers LM
September 25th, 2009 4:39pm

Hello,because this belongs to an Exchange patch, in my opinion this belongs to the exchange updategroup. Did you try to install it and see if this works? Also you can rightclick the patch and set it to hide, if you are sure they you don't need it. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
September 25th, 2009 4:45pm

Meinolf, >Also you can rightclick the patch and set it to hide, Ahhhh sneeky ;-) That "fixed" the issue in as much as hopefully it won't get installed. I would be good to work out why Windows Update thinks it needs to install RU3 when RU9 is installed though Cheers LM
September 25th, 2009 5:10pm

Hi, I guess they suggested you posting here because you would like to block this update. As RollUp 3 is an update for Exchange Server, I suggest first confirming whether it is necessary for your system in the Exchange Software Updates forum. If it is not necessary, you can safely ignore this update and use Meinolf Webers suggestion to hide it. It will not affect your system if it is unnecessary update. Tim Quan - MSFT
September 28th, 2009 10:34am

All, I have now blocked Rollup 3. Rollup 3 is indeed an Exchange Update, but it is not required if Rollup 9 or indeed a later(more recent) update is installed. The latest Rollup typically has all the updates of previous versions. I find it odd that Windows suggests installing Rollup 3 when Rollup 9 is installed already. I would have thought Windows Update would see that Rollup 9 is installed and therefore not suggest an older Rollup.. ? Anyway, thanks for the tips. Cheers LM
September 28th, 2009 11:11am

Hi, Sometimes Windows Update may not detect the installed updates correctly. It may reoffer us updates that has already been installed or old updates while we have installed newer updates. We can safely ignore it and just simply hide it. Tim Quan - MSFT
September 28th, 2009 12:05pm

Tim, OK thanks. Sounds strange but plausible ;-) Cheers, LM
September 28th, 2009 12:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics