Windows webserver 2008 search - file contains problem
Search within a file/file contains does not work on my 2008 windows webserver. Does anybody know what I need to do to fix this? Ive heard more problems about it
November 1st, 2011 4:24pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what search do you mean? If you mean Windows Search, I would like to explain that not all the file types support content search. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet blog: File types the Content Classifier can search on a new Windows Server 2008 R2 install http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2009/06/18/file-types-the-content-classifier-can-search-on-a-new-windows-server-2008-r2-install.aspx Please also refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article and read how to crawl content sources. Installing Search Server 2008 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd163548.aspx Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2011 5:04am

It is just searching within a file which is a .text Basically I have a folder with thousands of ...txt files. And I currently cannot find if there is multiple ip's in the .txt files. Because it never gives me a result, but the word im looking for is in the files. Hope that explains it
November 2nd, 2011 7:37am

Hope to get an answer soon!
November 2nd, 2011 4:54pm

Arthur_Li could you chuck in a reply again?
November 3rd, 2011 12:45pm

Hi, I would like to confirm that do you have Windows Search service role installed? If not, please install it. If you already have it installed, please perform the following steps to rebuild index. 1. Open Indexing Options by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options. 2. Click Advanced. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 3. In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab, and then click Rebuild. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 9th, 2011 12:32am

Hi, I would like to confirm that do you have Windows Search service role installed? If not, please install it. If you already have it installed, please perform the following steps to rebuild index. 1. Open Indexing Options by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options. 2. Click Advanced. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 3. In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab, and then click Rebuild. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 9th, 2011 8:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics