Windows update issues remain 2 years later
I don't mean for this to sound like a rant or an attack on Microsoft. I really do just want to be heard and understand Microsoft's stance on this issue. I'm currently installing updates on a windows 2008 server and ran into and resolved an update issues with KB967723 and KB2443685 following the recommendations in this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winservergen/thread/e1c987ec-92bd-4dbd-95f8-ad17b284ac79 However, this issue was identified 2 years ago and can only be resolved by following the work arounds provided in the thread. I'm trying to understand how it is two years later, and the problems still remains with this update. I understand the complexity of delivering high quality software products, however, I don't understand how a very well know and documented bug with clearly identified steps for resolution continues to be distributed. Why in the world would Microsoft not go back and fix the update? I know windows 2008 R2 is released, but it is not like windows 2008 is an old product or reaching the end of its lifecycle in the very near future. I would just think that a real fix would be applied to the windows update packages and that 2 years later I would not be downloading the same update with the same bug. Honestly, am I missing something or being able to complete windows updates using the Windows Update Tool an unrealistic expectation?
January 19th, 2011 11:10pm

You might call them up and ask. Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support or 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms09-048.mspx Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 19th, 2011 11:35pm

Any update?
January 23rd, 2011 9:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics