Windows server device installation
Hello, If I install a printer on a pc by logging in with the domain user account, If let's say I have other 5 users using different domain accounts on the same pc, will the printer will be ready installed on their profiles as well and also set to default. I am asking that because I recently installed a printer on server 2008 machine but I had to install it again for each profile since it was not installed.
August 7th, 2010 4:01pm

Hello, install the printer locally as administrator and set it to default. This will achive what you need.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 7th, 2010 4:21pm

shell I take this as a standard procedure and always log in with the local admin to install printers and programs so that all other domain profiles that are used on the same pc will be with the updated printers and programs. Does it really make a difference if I use the domain admin account instead of the local admin ? Thanks
August 8th, 2010 11:19am

Hello, if you have only one machine that requires all users are having the printer available this is one way. Each domain adminstrator is automatically member of the local adminstrators group. If you have the plan for multiple Terminal servers in the future you should use the available options for printer installation coming with Windows server 2008, see here about details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770760(WS.10).aspxBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 8th, 2010 2:47pm

Hi acmsoft , Thanks for posting here. Agree with Meinolf’s solution, and you may like to deploy printer by using group policy ,so that once user log in or computer start up , system will reads the settings from the GPO and adds the deployed printer connections to the users or computers to which the GPO applies. To get further information please read the link below: Deploy printers by using Group Policy http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722179(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 9th, 2010 6:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics