Windows server 2012 R2 does not recognize DVD burner as read/write device

I've seen problem fixes for this on Windows 7 but nothing on 2012 R2.

I changed the drive letter on the server (2012 R2 with all current updates) and now it does not recognize the working DVD burner as a read/write device.

The device does work correctly with other Operating Systems on the same hardware.  The box is a Lenovo D30.

Any idea as to how to go about this fix.  All Microsoft troubleshooter downloads run and say the problem was corrected but no luck in burning anything.

May 17th, 2014 6:42pm

Hi,

Did you run this?

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2014 9:19am

Hi,

Any update?

Regards.

May 26th, 2014 7:52am

The fix you reference is an Obama.

It promises to fix all the problems, it gets praised for all it is going to do, it either does nothing or makes it worse, and then claims glorious success.

Sucker just does not do what it says. I still can't write to my drive.

May 26th, 2015 7:17pm

yo uso Windows server 2012 r2 y me reconoce la unidad de DVD USB como de solo lectura.  No puedo grabar ningn DVD virgen , pero el Windows server 2008 si me la reconoce como lectora y grabadora

June 12th, 2015 3:24pm

Same problem, I 2012 R2, I burned one DVD no issue, now go to burn a 2nd DVD and on the pull down menu to select your burner it doesn't detect my DVD burner as a burner.  DVD ROM works without issue..  4 hours of research and reboots, registry settings .. etc nothing..  worked perfect once and then poof.
July 16th, 2015 9:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics