Windows server 2008 will expire in n days
Hi All, I am getting "Windows server 2008 will expire in n days " message in all 2008 servers. kindly suggest me. the snap shot is attached below. http://cid-32854ba657aff923.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/10.10.10.116.jpg Thanks..
March 19th, 2010 1:07pm

Hello, as i can see this is a pre-release version from Windows server 2008 which is expiring shortly. You have to upgrade the server to the RTM version.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 19th, 2010 1:53pm

Hi Meinolf We had installed and activated this Windows Version. it shows windows activated and the product id too. pls suggest thanks
March 19th, 2010 2:06pm

Hi, No matter whether it is activated or not, you are running Windows Server 2008 R2 Release Candidate (Beta) and the expire time is coming soon. I am afraid that you have to buy the full version of Windows Server 2008 R2 before the expiration. I suggest contacting your local Microsoft Customer Service for detailed information. http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/ Tim Quan - MSFT
March 19th, 2010 2:22pm

Hello, open Windows explorer, choose Help tab and then About Windows. Please post a screenshot from this window.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
March 19th, 2010 2:25pm

hi uploaded the about windows screeshot http://cid-32854ba657aff923.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/116%20About%20windows.jpg if it is evaluation or RC how to upgrade it to RTM. Please guide. these servers cannot be formatted.
March 19th, 2010 2:46pm

Hi, It seems not a beta version but a prerelease version. I am afraid that you have to install the post-release version of Windows Server 2008. Related information: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserver2008appcompatabilityandcertification/thread/34769df9-e98d-4799-ba45-0bdb0a06b299 Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
March 19th, 2010 2:59pm

Thanks for the update. how to get the RTM version to upgrade my existing one
March 19th, 2010 3:09pm

Hi, You may try to perform an in-place upgrade installation of a post-release version of Windows Server 2008 on your running system. Before the installation, you’d better backup your important files on your system. Tim Quan - MSFT
March 22nd, 2010 10:26am

Hi Tim, Please send me the procedure for in-place upgrade installation. Thanks.......
March 22nd, 2010 11:39am

Hello, for an inplace upgrade start with a server backup of all important data and at least a system state backup. Then insert the RTM version disk into the disk drive of the server when you are logged on with an administrative account and follow the wizard of the autostarted disk. This will/should show a window about the option for upgrade possibilities. Then just follow the the screen.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
March 22nd, 2010 11:54am

Hi , I am getting the same message....This pre-release etc... I am sure that this installation was not a pre-release version. I have used the installation Disk from my MAPS subscription summer 2008, 32 bit version.... The only thing I ever used was a beta of SP2 Service pack.. Paul
March 26th, 2010 2:59am

Hello, try uninstalling the SP2 BETA, this can be the issue, if the software wasn't itself.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
March 29th, 2010 4:27pm

I have one 2008 server doing this as well. I could have sworn it was installed with RTM media and RTM SP2, but yet the message still appears. The SP2 install date shows as 6/2/2009, which is after SP2 was released.Brian Day, Overall Exchange & AD Geek MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
April 2nd, 2010 6:46pm

I have the same problem (This pre-release version of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise will expire in 0 hours) I am getting the message above every 2 hours after which my computer reboots. My understanding is that this version of Windows Server is a prerelease version and I need to upgrade to the latest version. I installed Windows Server 2008 SP2, Build 6002 in March 2009 using a download from MSDN (DVD 317315). The instalation resulted in an Update for Windows (KB955430) dated 2/1/2009, but the Programs and Features Control Panel will not let me uninstall it directly. My question is whether there is some way of upgrading in-place? I have downloaded the latest SP2 RTM from MSDN (DVD 342435). Is it possible to update in-place using this DVD without having to rebuild the entire system? Thanks,Mitchell Greess
April 6th, 2010 3:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics