Windows server 2008 login problem
Hello to all community i just installed server 2008 complete installation all went fine but i cant login.When the login window appear where it askes for password i enter a random password like 1234567 and always gives me error about password wrong.Any suggestions?Thanks in advance
November 24th, 2007 2:09pm

Hello, try to login using a blank password
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 24th, 2007 4:24pm

After a default installation of Windows Server 2008, the password for the administrator account is left blank for security reasons. (you can not remotely login toan account that has no password)You canlogin in with the administrator account and simply supplying an [enter] in the password field. You can create apassword (this ia asked) after you login succesfully the first time Here's more information on Password strength and password security.
November 24th, 2007 4:25pm

Check this out if it helps -> http://www.leedesmond.com/weblog/?p=139 Thanks!
November 24th, 2007 4:49pm

Thanks for the tips but i already tried with blank password and cant log in.I made clean install in new hard disk no vmware or virtual and it keeps saying wrong password.This is insane
November 24th, 2007 5:48pm

OK let us back track a bit. Which version of Windows Server 2008 are you using? Since the June CTP, you are required to supply a strong password for the Administrator account at the 1st login. Try to enter with A instead of a for the Administrator account and see if it works. Do let us know. Hope this helps. Thanks!
November 25th, 2007 12:54am

I am using november ctp edition.Can you give me an example of a strong password so i can check it cause i used various combinations
November 25th, 2007 7:40am

kostas peris wrote: I am using november ctp edition.Can you give me an example of a strong password so i can check it cause i used various combinations For the Windows Server 2008 VHD's Microsoft uses p@ssword1 for the Administrator account. It's a good example of a strong password, although it doesn't contain upper case characters.
November 25th, 2007 1:08pm

Finally i managed to login using p@ssword1 and after reinstall.But now new problem apperared.It says that my product key is already used.How is this possible?I took my product key with my copy of windows server.Any suggestion?
November 25th, 2007 2:36pm

Ok all problems solved i acquired new product key.Thanks for your help
November 25th, 2007 3:07pm

Glad to be of help. Have fun testing.
November 25th, 2007 3:32pm

I was finally able to create a new password, (q1w2e3r4t5y6=q1w2e3r4t5y6) i did that to try something that was random and complicated. Windows Server 2008 requires and extremely complex password to begin. You can go change it later.
April 10th, 2008 11:46pm

Hi JD, Seems like you missed my article here: How To Log On To Windows Server 2008 HTH, Tarek _____________________________Tarek Majdalani MVP -- ISA Firewalls http://www.elmajdal.net/Win2k8/
April 11th, 2008 11:15am

Ummm, I downloaded a windows 2008 server VHD from Microsoft and it says "Other user". Can anyone help me?
June 13th, 2011 2:14am

Oh, come on. In the Key box leave it blank.
June 13th, 2011 2:16am

Thanks worked perfect
February 4th, 2012 12:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics