Windows server 2008 & win 7 ultimate
Though i've did change the client (win 7) setting to domain and input the domain name of the server but it just wouldn't get detected in network, peer to peer networking and sharing is not an issue but domain is. Btw i did add the computer name (win 7) to the domain. Do i need to change the IP to static instead of dhcp? Hmm what could i have gone wrong?
May 30th, 2011 8:26pm

See here for some pointers then post back with any questions. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/3e59bfc2-5a50-433b-9b40-0899621f8253/ Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2011 8:47pm

See here for some pointers then post back with any questions. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/3e59bfc2-5a50-433b-9b40-0899621f8253/ Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Tks for the prompt reply Dave, would take a look at it and if any doubt i'll post here again :=)
May 30th, 2011 9:33pm

Ok, sounds good. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
May 30th, 2011 9:37pm

Under server DNS when i right click it and choose properties>forwarder tab, by default my isp IP is already there. Should i add those IP to the client? (win 7) Btw i'm running a dlink router, guess i'll have to do some changes judging from your link My dlink DIR 300 do not have the feature or option to input the IP of the dns server as well as the win server. Mine basically is juz the following http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/olivero/router.jpg
May 30th, 2011 10:23pm

Under server DNS when i right click it and choose properties>forwarder tab, by default my isp IP is already there. Should i add those IP to the client? (win 7) Btw i'm running a dlink router, guess i'll have to do some changes judging from your link
May 30th, 2011 10:24pm

Clients should get their DNS address from DHCP server. DHCP server must hand out the static address of AD DNS server so clients can find DC. This way internet requests from client will be passed on to ISP DNS servers for name resolution. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
May 30th, 2011 10:53pm

By default my ISP addresses is already on the forwarder tab, But till now i still can't get both clinet & router to see each other, though peer to peer network is not a issue. "DHCP server must hand out the static address of AD DNS server so clients can find DC" And where i get the static address of AD DNS from so i could input it onto the dhcp server (router) i'm kinda lost here, care to give some pointers? :(
May 31st, 2011 3:53am

It is the ip address of the new server. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
May 31st, 2011 5:37am

Just a bit confused about your setup. Your DC and the client is in the same LAN right? Are you using the router just for providing DHCP addresses to the Client/DC? Do you have the DNS server role installed on the DC? If so, You might want to specify the IP address of your DC in the clients properties against the DNS entry. There is no way your ISPs DNS server will resolve your private domain name. It will help if you give us the complete picture of your setup. Sumesh P - Microsoft Online Community Support
June 6th, 2011 1:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics