Windows server 2003 NTP question
I keep on getting "The computer did not resync because no time data was available." Does any here know of a FREE and don't have to "registere" a NTP server I can try to sync up to to see if the current NTP server is not working anymore Thanks.MSB
June 6th, 2012 2:10pm

Hi Marc, I would personally use pool.ntp.org they have a huge cluster of NTP servers. It is one of the Largest NTP clusters and is the default NTP on almost all Linux distros(Hence free to use/No registration) and Is one I personally use. To change the NTP server do the following. Stop the time service net stop w32time Then configure the time source w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,0x8 /syncfromflags:MANUAL /reliable:yes /update The X's can be the IP address of the time server or the domain name of a time server such as pool.ntp.org Once the command above is done you need to start the W32Time service net start w32time w32tm /resync Next you need to sync all of your client PC's to the domain controller. You can do the following from the command line. net stop w32time w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:DOMHIER /update net start w32time w32tm /resync Kind Regards, Liam Kenneally
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 6th, 2012 6:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics