Windows security environment - RA
Hi, You can use Microsoft Security Assessment Tool 4.0. It is a risk-assessment application designed to provide information and recommendations about best practices for security within an information technology (IT) infrastructure. For more information, please refer to: Microsoft Security Assessment Tool 4.0 http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=12273 Hope it helps. Regards, Bruce
October 26th, 2011 5:52am

Can someone talk through a risk assessment with me so I can get the understanding? The tech “risk factors” we have identified are CIAA (confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability). The technologies we want to assess are use of encryption of portable USB devices and mobile devices such as blackberry, the use of 2-factor authentication for remote web services such as VPN or citrix, and using mobile devices as thin clients – i.e. can view exchange mail but can’t save any data locally onto the device. Am I correct in thinking you essentially saying in a risk assessment, e.g.: “without using 2-factor authentication – the confidentiality risks are xyz, the integrity risks are xyz, the availability risks are xyz, the accountability risks are xyz…” Or does not every control have all these risk categories when not in operation? For example lack of encryption I can see can lead to loss of confidentiality. But can you give some examples on accountability, integrity, accountability for this? Just so I can see some examples? Perhaps same for 2-factor authentication and thin clients, if I could see some example risks for conf, integrity, availability, and accountability I can get my head around this much more.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2011 7:23am

Hi, You can use Microsoft Security Assessment Tool 4.0. It is a risk-assessment application designed to provide information and recommendations about best practices for security within an information technology (IT) infrastructure. For more information, please refer to: Microsoft Security Assessment Tool 4.0 http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=12273 Hope it helps. Regards, Bruce
December 25th, 2011 11:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics