Windows logon for new users
Hi, after computers boots up before log in to AD we need to allow user to use "some form" in order to let him register toAD as a newuser and after thisallow him to login, is there any solution? thanksaurimas
July 16th, 2009 1:54pm

I'm not sure you can do exactly what you're after, or that you should as you really should have some control of user account creation/authorisation. However, I do remember having a demo once from a company called Quest who provided a lot of systems that allowed for things like users reseting their own passwords, linking AD to HR systems for account creation etc. You could check out their site at www.quest.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 16th, 2009 3:35pm

Hello,you have to precreate the account normally in AD. Why shoudl the user itself allow him to create an account in the domain? So anybody, even not wanted is able to logon to the domain?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
July 17th, 2009 1:52am

Hi, Thank you for posting here. Based on your post below, it seems youre trying to customize Windows Log on screen to allow anyone creating user account in AD. Windows Logon Sreen http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssecurity/thread/95ba45f3-ce25-4911-b0c5-2161b0948118 First of all, its not suggested to give creating user permission to everyone in AD. Its a big security hole in your environment. However, if you really need to do so, open ADUC, right-click your Domain, choose Delegate Control, choose "ANONYMOUS LOGON" and give it "create, delete and manage user accounts" task. After that, you need to develop an application to replace default Windows Logon screen. I suggest that you initial a new post in the MSDN form to get further support there. They are the best resource for development related problems. For your convenience, I have list the link as followed. MSDN Forum http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?SiteID=1 Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 17th, 2009 6:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics