Windows installer detects wrong version
I'm trying to install a demo program onto my 2008 server, but the install fails with a message stating that Vista Service Pack 2 is required, but only Service Pack 1 is detected. The property sheet for 'My Computer' clearly shows Windows Server 2008 (x64) and Service Pack 2. All important and optional updates are installed. How can I fix this ? We were able to install the program on an XP client. Thanks!
November 12th, 2010 10:52am

Hello, seems that this software isn't built for Windows server Operating systems, only for workstations, so please contact the software vendor about.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 14th, 2010 7:15am

Hi, What is the name of the program? Please contact the software vendor to check if the program is compatible with Windows Server 2008. As a work around, try to install this program in compatibility mode: 1) Right click the program, click Properties. 2) Click Compatibility tab. 3) Under Compatibility mode, select “Run this program in compatibility mode for”. 4) Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). 5) Click OK. Then right click the program, click Run as administrator to install it again. Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 15th, 2010 2:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics