Windows error message
Hi, I need help with this error message, whenever I am trying to download/run a file the error is reported " windows cannot access the specified device,path/ or file.You may not have the appropriate permission to access" I have tried several tricks and restore the default settings, Please give ideas and help xvarya
February 24th, 2007 7:25pm

If you are doing this in Windows 2003, you probably upgraded to IE7 recently. The easiest way to resolve your error is to go to Add/Remove Programs | Windows components and remove the Internet Explorer Enhanced security. In the case of XP, you will need to muck with your IE security zones and configurations.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2007 11:25pm

Chris, I messed around withIE7 security etc but it did not help , I am using XP and when I uninstalled IE7 all the error message were gone ! so, I think that it has something to do with IE7 and windows XP, Thanks X
February 27th, 2007 8:02pm

I have the same problem, my OS is W2k3 SP2 Ie7, as you said I upgrade my ie but with ie enhanced security settings uninstalled, and a file that executes before doesn't execute now, more ideas??
June 13th, 2007 7:04pm

Windoz has implemented new security settings in 2003 Sp2 that prevent cetain executables, known to have come from other machines, from executing. I am searching for the idiot who set this up so that I can perform cetain ritualistic functions on him/her. He/She may be in India somewhere. But definately, the design came from Redmond. Whoever came up with this never had to manage a system before. Sounds like promotion from within... TheWitness
August 15th, 2007 7:13pm

Thanks! The IE7 Enhanced Security component was indeed the problem as the .exe installer uses IE7 when it runs.
October 24th, 2007 4:42am

It's a good idea to get rid of that Enhanced Security setting on principle. You can't even run Microsoft Update when Enhanced Security Config is active.
November 2nd, 2007 3:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics