Windows encountered a problem
I all, I have a problem on my Windows Vista that began afetr the purchase of an external Hard Disk Freecom. A few days afetr the purchase I disconnected it while it was writing and, since that moment, every time I connect and disconnect it, the PC go to freeze mode for 5 minutes. The same thing happen even if the hard disk is disconnected: every time I start windows it go to freeze a little after the password, and every time I connect and disconnect a usb device. I have looked for the solution everywhere, updated windows, unistalled and installed the hard disk from the device manager but I solved the problem only when I restored a recent backup. Yesterday the Hard disk was writing a backup while Vista was installing the updates; at the end of the proceure windows restarted automatically and the problem began again!!! The Pc go to freeze when it starts, every time I connect or disconnect the hard disk, an usb earphone that has always worked switch on but there is no audio and I don't know how many others usb devices will have problems. Has anyone an idea to solve this problem before I throw out of the window Vista or the the hard disk? Thank you __________________ Never seen gift for baby like these! (geschenkideen sie on german or originales para regalos on espanol), eurosport
January 8th, 2010 8:24pm

I have experienced lockups on Vista computers related to the usb port. For me, the problem was solved by shutting down and restarting. In may cases, the machine would not shutdown, so I powered off. When the machine restarted, all went well as long as I did not use the device that caused the lockup in the usb port.Richard MuellerMVP ADSI
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 8th, 2010 9:18pm

Hi, According to the description, the issue seems to be related to Windows Vista. As we mainly focus on the General question about Windows Server system and here is not the best support resource for Windows Vista, it is recommend you to get further support in the corresponding community so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thanks for your understanding. For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed. Windows Vista IT Pro http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvistaitpro Best Regards, Vincent Hu
January 11th, 2010 11:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics