Windows cannot complete the password change for User1 because: Error 0x800708c5
the user is trying to logon but the cannot and i tried to reset the password but this the error that pops up Windows cannot complete the password change for User1 because: Error 0x800708c5 If anyone there please help i urgently need assistance. Thank you Katty
February 4th, 2012 6:18pm

I the user logging into a computer locally, or into a domain? How are you changing the password? I believe the error means: The password does not meet the password policy requirements. which would indicate either the password is not long enoungh, not complex enough (letters, caps, numbers, symbols), or the password was already used by the user (password history). Try another password. Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2012 6:32pm

Hi Richard, Thank you for your response. The user is loggin into domain. When i tried to change the password it gave this error message also. Windows can not complete the password change for <var>user name</var> because: The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity, and password history requirements. The password is more than seven characters and the user has forgotten what the password was so i wanted to reset the password. Any suggestions thanks Katty
February 4th, 2012 7:59pm

Hi Richard, Thank you for your response. The user is loggin into domain. When i tried to change the password it gave this error message also. Windows can not complete the password change for <var>user name</var> because: The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity, and password history requirements. The password is more than seven characters and the user has forgotten what the password was so i wanted to reset the password. Any suggestions thanks Katty Hi Richard, I got the problem solved. Below is the solution might help some one with the similar issue. There are to places where complaex passwords can be defibned, one in the Default Domain GPO the other on the Domain Controller GPO. If either of these were "enabled", you have to change it to "disabled", simpliy changing it to "not difinef" leaves the policy in place. note: run "gpupdate /force" Thank You Katty
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2012 8:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics