Windows XP works fine But windows 7 slow
older from the server's share ? if yes, AV on the server ? real-time scan on write/file change ?? exclude your test folder temporary and restart the server to be sure it's not a temporary bugMCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
May 6th, 2012 7:40am

I think you marked the wrong post as answer. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 9th, 2012 8:17am

perfect if it work now :) If you reinstall endpoint, just a general tip, make a basic package with only the AV. Else Endpoint tend to be too heavy. MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
May 9th, 2012 8:22am

11.0.5 is a very old version, I recommend you upgrade to the latest version (RU7 MP1). Log into your Fileconnect account with a valid serial number to get the latest software. Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 Client and Manager Version List
May 9th, 2012 10:20am

i am talking to symantec end point now will post fix if they no Yagmoth555 YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 9th, 2012 7:16pm

We are at a school running server 2008 r2 sp1 60 windows XP computers and about 20 windows 7 laptops 32 bit The windows XP computer no problem all working well BUT windows 7 connenting to the server 2008 all good BUT very slow with excel file to open (wait 3 to 4 mins ) the excel files are very small just numbers Word OFFICE 2010 and copy ing files from one dir to another a bit slow any iders
May 9th, 2012 8:45pm

Antivirus software on the win7 ? When the login process is finished, nothing more than a local service on the win7 computer can make the computer slow. The gpo are already applied. Turn off the firewall, remove the AV, un-select ipv6 if you don't use it and test again. MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
May 9th, 2012 9:29pm

agreeProtect your data with partition manager freeware and file data recovery software.
May 9th, 2012 10:57pm

firewall turned off av total uninstalled and have unselect ipv6 still slow
May 9th, 2012 11:22pm

This one may help. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/excel/thread/53dbe00c-c3b7-4361-b52f-742317304964 Might also try IE|Tools|Internet Options|Advanced|Security and uncheck 'check for publisher certs', uncheck 'check for server certs' Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 9th, 2012 11:35pm

i am just trying hold for a sec
May 9th, 2012 11:42pm

Dunno what this means Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 9th, 2012 11:43pm

I have uncheck 'check for publisher certs', uncheck 'check for server certs' still no go 1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter. Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window. 2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray). 3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK". doing this now
May 9th, 2012 11:54pm

You're restarting pc in between changes correct? Also try excel in safe mode and with no-addins loaded. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 9th, 2012 11:59pm

Just driving down to restart computer i was teamview in and lost connection LOL back 5 mins
May 9th, 2012 11:59pm

i am back try both still slow and thank you for your help any idears my email is stu@wycom.co.nz can let you remote dail in if you like
May 10th, 2012 12:09am

Yes Restarting HEAPS of times and Also try excel in safe mode and with no-addins loaded. its driving me crazy Word 2010 open in 1 sec excel takes 4 to 5 min and it only got numbers on it no formaulas
May 10th, 2012 12:18am

Might want to ask them here. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/excel/threads Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 10th, 2012 12:22am

Also i think its related if i copy my test excel file and make a folder it takes 1 min to save file is only 9kb if i create a new excel file add some number takes 1 min to save and 5 min to open
May 10th, 2012 12:26am

update the laptop bios and nic's driver. make sure the WLAN is not activated with the LAN nic.... if you share a drive on anoter's laptop, does excel is slow in that path ? make sure option like jumbo frame are at off, and that all other nic option are standard or the same as your xp's computerMCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
May 10th, 2012 12:26am

and get this if i open older files they open in sec like they should
May 10th, 2012 12:29am

older from the server's share ? if yes, AV on the server ? real-time scan on write/file change ?? exclude your test folder temporary and restart the server to be sure it's not a temporary bugMCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
May 10th, 2012 12:41am

It was Symantec Endpoint Protechion ver 11.0.4 is NOT win 7 BUT 11.0.5 is so an update and all is good!!!!!
May 10th, 2012 1:37am

yes AV is on the server i am running symantec endpoint protection not sure about " real-time scan on write/file change " is there a setting in endpoint YES YES YES I disabled Symantec endpioint and fast as YES YES I will do more work on "real-time scan on write/file change" and Symantec !!!! cool well done
May 10th, 2012 1:47am

YES YES YES I disabled Symantec endpioint and fast as YES YES I will do more work on "real-time scan on write/file change" and Symantec !!!! cool well done
May 10th, 2012 2:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics