Windows XP Error on login 1054
Hi,I have problems with some Windows XP clients. When they start up the eventlog logs an error: Source: UserenvID: 1054The clients get their IP addresses from DHCP. DNS and DHCP is OK.On the XP machines the actual Hotfixes and SP are installed. The Servers are Windows Server 2003 R2 with the actual SP and hotfixes.What should I check to resolve the problem?Regards
November 19th, 2009 12:27pm

Hello, Thank you for your post here. From the description, on some Windows XP clients you receive Event 1054 that indicates Group Policy processing aborted. 1. Could you please paste the detailed Event 1054 that include the exact error message? 2. Please paste the IPconfig /all output from the problematic client. 3. To find out any potential issues on the sever side, please help to collect the MPS report on the DC and send to me at v-mileli@microsoft.com (you can upload the report to Skydrive) for further investigation: Microsoft Product Support's Reporting Tools http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cebf3c7c-7ca5-408f-88b7-f9c79b7306c0&displaylang=en If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 20th, 2009 5:55am

Hi,the exact error message is in german, i hope that is not a problem:EVENT LOG:Ereignistyp:FehlerEreignisquelle:UserenvEreigniskategorie:KeineEreignis-ID:1054Datum:20.11.2009Zeit:08:13:45Benutzer:NT-AUTORITT\SYSTEMComputer:RAB035Beschreibung:Der Domnencontrollername fr das Computernetzwerk konnte nicht ermittelt werden. (Die angegebene Domne ist nicht vorhanden oder es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden. ). Die Verarbeitung der Gruppenrichtlinie wurde abgebrochen. Weitere Informationen ber die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie unter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.Ereignistyp:FehlerEreignisquelle:AutoEnrollmentEreigniskategorie:KeineEreignis-ID:15Datum:20.11.2009Zeit:08:13:45Benutzer:Nicht zutreffendComputer:RAB035Beschreibung:Die automatische Zertifikatregistrierung fr "lokaler Computer" konnte keine Verbindung zum Active Directory (0x8007054b) herstellen. Die angegebene Domne ist nicht vorhanden oder es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden.Die Registrierung wird nicht durchgefhrt. Weitere Informationen ber die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie unter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.IPCONFIGWindows-IP-Konfiguration Hostname. . . . . . . . . . . . . : rab035 Primres DNS-Suffix . . . . . . . : ***.local Knotentyp . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unbekannt IP-Routing aktiviert. . . . . . . : Nein WINS-Proxy aktiviert. . . . . . . : Nein DNS-Suffixsuchliste . . . . . . . : ****.local ****.local Ethernetadapter LAN-Verbindung: Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix: rabensteiner.local Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 00-24-81-EA-98-F0 DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja IP-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.3.60 Subnetzmaske. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.3.253 DHCP-Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.3.5 DNS-Server. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.3.5 192.168.3.15 Lease erhalten. . . . . . . . . . : Freitag, 20. November 2009 08:13:47 Lease luft ab. . . . . . . . . . : Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2009 08:13:47 INFO: I replaced our domain-name with *I have 2 questions about the Report: 1. I have 2 DC's in our side. Do I have to collect the Support Report of both DC's?2. Which diagnostics Options do I have to select?Regards
November 20th, 2009 10:27am

Hi, Thanks for the update. From the error message "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted", it seems that clients cannot contact the domain controller due to the DNS resolution issues. Please collect the MPS report from both 2 DCs. You should select General, Internet and Networking, Business Networks and Server Components. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.
November 23rd, 2009 1:20pm

Hi,Now I have2 .CAB files. They both have a size about100 MB.How can I send you the files? Do you have a FTP server? Or should i split the files into 4 parts (or more) and send you an e-mail?Regards
November 23rd, 2009 3:41pm

Did you forget me? :)
November 25th, 2009 2:16pm

Hi, Thanks for the update. You may unload the report to Skydrive and send me the URL. Event 1054 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&ProdVer=5.2&EvtID=1054&EvtSrc=Userenv&LCID=1033 If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.
November 26th, 2009 1:54pm

Thank you for your help, but I fixed the problem by my self.The problem was the Switch in combination with STP. The Computer starts faster then the switchport changes to the forwarding state. Therfore the client didn't get the IP Address from our DHCP.I changed thesettings of the client-switchportsto "PortFast" an that resolved my issue.Regards
November 27th, 2009 10:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics