Windows Vista//DNS error when attempting to access Inotes
Hi, i always have been able to check my company's e-mail (lotus notes 6) frompersonal laptop thru inotes webserver however, all of the sudden i am now experiencing difficulty connecting the webpage. i haveopened up aTCP portby addingcorrectport numberbut even still, i receive an error message as "Windows has confirmed that windows firewall on this computer in correctly configured to allow this connection. However a remote firewall might be blocking your connection. What can I do to resolve this problem?Please kindly advise. Best regards,nolita
April 7th, 2009 6:48am

hi there,First step in troubleshooting your problem would be a) disable the local firewall for testing to check if the ports are really closed by some other firewall. b) where does your inotes webserver resides , is that on same subnet as of your client or on diff subnet , if it is on different subnet , then you need to chekc if there is a firewall on the subnet whcih might beblocking . also for an additional testing you could hook your failing client to the subnet as of the inote webserver and test if you are successfully able to communicate.c) check if inote webserver itself has a firewall ?, if so please do disable for testing or open the appropriate portsd) on the failing client to test if your port is opened or closed , you can use netstat -ano switch for listening state or telnet localhot <portnumber >e) finally a ethereal / netmon trace from the client to server.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 7th, 2009 7:23am

Hi Thank you for the reply. I tried solution a) but failed. What is the process of checking b) and c)? How do test d) and e)?Moreover, I am able to access inotes from anyother laptop. Seems like it is only mine that is having problem with connecting to inotes.Your further help is highly appreciated. Thank you and regards,Nolita
April 7th, 2009 8:50am

hi there,for checking b and c point For B :please check what is the ipaddress of your client and the ipaddress of your server, note the subnet mask of both client and server .start --> run --> cmd --> ipconfig /all ( get the result from both client and server ) and let us knowFor c: if all other clients are able to access the server, then there is a possible chance of your local client got messed up so a better troubleshooting would be a) ping ipaddress of your server and check if you are able to reach b) if possible can you uninstall and reinstall the client side application and test ?sainath Windows Driver Development
April 7th, 2009 9:46am

Hi,Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your thorough explanation. I don't know the ipaddress of the inotes webserver. I only can find out my client IP address. What application are you suggesting me to uninstall and reinstall the client side application and test?Thank you and best regards,Nolita
April 7th, 2009 11:11am

hi there, are you accessing your inote server through VPN ? , if you are accessing using VPN , what happens if you try to access from corporate ip / taking your laptop to office ?second troubleshooting would be a trace ( ethereal / netmon ) which would tell us the get / put requests from client end. have you checked the configuration of inotes on your client side ( sorry for above confusion ) sainath Windows Driver Development
April 7th, 2009 2:40pm

hi, thank you. I appreciate your patience...no, i'm not accessing the server through vpn. any computer can access to company's inotes webserver by going to;http://sinmail.eagle.org would this help you figure out the problem?Best regards,Nolita
April 7th, 2009 8:07pm

hi there,i would like to get rid of DNS name resolution , so can you get the public IP address of HTTP://sinmail.eagle.org and try connecting ?sainath Windows Driver Development
April 8th, 2009 11:13am

Hi, Ok, will try to do that....Thank you and Best regards,Nolita
April 8th, 2009 1:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics