Windows Update Error
Hello. I just set up Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2. I am trying to run windows update for the first time, but it will not run. I get an error message that states "Windows could not search for new updates" and the error code 8024402F is listed. I have not installed any antivirus software or any other software for that matter. I did a little searching online and it looks like this error code could relate to a connectivity problem, but checked and confirmed there are no internet connectivity issues.   I would appreciate any help in resolving this. Thank you. 
May 29th, 2015 6:55pm

Hi:

Can you verify that from the new Essentials server you can browse the internet (for this purpose only, don't do this regularly) and or that you can ping 8.8.8.8 and yahoo.com and get normal replies?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2015 7:23pm

Yes, I am able to browse the internet from the server.  I checked Yahoo.com and I get normal replies.
May 30th, 2015 1:00pm

Is this a standalone Essentials or a member server somewhere?
May 30th, 2015 11:55pm

Standalone
May 31st, 2015 2:59pm

Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that Windows Update prompts error 8024402f.

Open CMD and type services.msc, press enter. Confirm that the services below are running, or try to manually start these services:
Windows Update, Background Intelligent Transfer Services, Cryptographic Services, Windows Installer, Software Protection.

Then try to run Windows Update again. If the problem still exits, open CMD and type sfc /scannow, check to see if any protected system file is missing/corrupted. 

Best Regards,
Eve Wang      
June 2nd, 2015 1:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics